Saturday, January 20, 2007

Word for Today 1/19/07 Idealist and "Imagine"

The Good I Am Seeking is Seeking Me
Sometimes I don't get enough sleep because often I stay up late at night, involving myself in world initiatives, and taking care of the things I believe need taking care of. It seems that I will never be able to accomplish all that I can in the time allotted.
But in the last couple of days, a revelation came to me. The good that I am seeking is seeking me.
Case in point, several years ago I registered at the site called Idealist.org. At Idealist you can imagine a better world, connect with people who want to help build it, reach out to others, post and find nonprofit jobs, find volunteer opportunities, events, and more, and donate to support all this.
Ami Dar, Executive Director of Idealist, recently contacted me, inviting me to participate in an initiative to imagine a better community a better world, and to see how we can build it together.
THE INITIATIVE IS CALLED "CAN YOU IMAGINE A BETTER WORLD" WHAT'S IT ALL ABOUT FROM AMI DAR:
"Very briefly, we believe that:1. All over the world there are many people who share similar values, dreams, and challenges. 2. With all the tools we have now, we can communicate like never before. 3. If all of us had more opportunities to connect and work together, online and face-to-face, in neighborhoods, villages, schools, and workplaces, the world would be a different place. How different? We don't know, but together we can find out."
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Attend or host a start-up meeting in New York during the week of February 5-11. During that week, people all over the world will meet in neighborhoods, schools, and workplaces to talk about how to create more opportunities for action and collaboration for everyone. To sign up for a meeting, or to host one please visit http://www.idealist.org/meetings
Once I, we, decide to do a "thing", the WHOLE universe rushes in to help us accomplish it. "The Good I am Seeking is Seeking Me".
If you would like to participate in this initiative you are invited to join me at the NYU meeting on February 8. Your presence and participation is most welcomed.
For my friends outside of New York, meetings are taking place throughout the U.S., as well as the world. You can also get involved.
Maybe now I can get a bit more sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Freda,

I'm in the process of looking for someone to possibly speak at our Freshman Orientation scheduled for September 12 at 10am. Our school is a business centered college and our students are non traditional and need that extra push and encouragement. We are looking for someone to inspire and motivate them to complete their studies. I can be reached at 646-772-3310. Please give me a call if you think that this may be something you're interested in.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Pauline Pabon
Director of Student Life
Interboro Institute
ppabon@interboro.edu
646-772-3310