Saturday, January 20, 2007

Thought for Today 1/20/07 Drawing Outside The Lines

Drawing Outside the Lines is Much More Exciting & Fun
The above was a comment I made to a colleague at work yesterday, and she found it hilarious.
We were talking about expressing ourselves without inhibition, and I shared that as a child, I thought it my moral imperative to draw outside the line. You remember those coloring books we were given as children with a box of crayons, and told to "draw inside the lines." I always wandered why should I stay within the lines.
It is inherent in me to ask why and be a risk taker while engaging in those things that are outside the box and outside the norm.
This posting is a deviation from my norm, but I believe it's important to encourage free expression, in order to know the full potential of who we are.
I'm glad my parents let me draw outside the lines. It certainly was a lot more exciting, and it sure was fun.

No comments: