Sunday, June 28, 2009

2009- Gifts and Hidden Powers

It's been quite a while since my last post, and I feel compelled to write because I want to share my blog thoughts at Paulo Coelho's blog.

At his blog Mr. Coelho invites to talk of hidden powers, to share how those powers are elaborated, and the difference those powers have made in our lives.

My powers - the gifts that God has given me are the gift of visualization and the ability to call forth what I envision.

Last year, I quit my job. You can read more about the why of it in my post of May 2008.

After quitting my job I decided to go to Africa which was something I had wanted to do for many years.

Prior to leaving, I was very concerned about taking such a journey without having secured employment. In order to try and insure that I traveled with no since of regret, the day before my trip, I envisioned myself being interviewed for a post I had applied for. In the vision I was in this beautiful office filled with lots of windows and light. The interview flowed easily and the conversation was very relaxed. During the middle of this visualization my telephone rang and the phone call was from a representative of the organization whose position I had applied for. They phoned to ask if I wanted to come for an interview.

I had the interview before leaving for Africa, and the office and the interview were just as I envisioned. When I left the interview I knew the job was mine.

A year ago I had a dream that I was at the airport leaving for Africa, specifically I was traveling to Accra, Ghana. In the dream I traveled in the first class section of the air plane. In the vision/dream the seat was grey leather and and the trip came with all the amenities of first class travel, champagne, special menus, and flight attendants at the beckoned call. It was an amazing vision/dream.


And during my trip to Africa I traveled first class for the first time in my life and the amenities were just as I had envisioned.

I traveled first class with the help of a friend who secured a "friends and family" pass for me for a fraction of what it would cost had I paid the tickets list price.

How do I elaborate such visions?

I believe that I am deserving of everything I envision and specifically, as a child of God I believe that I am deserving because God said that it is so.

Matthew 7: 7-8 "Asks and it shall be given to you...."

How do I elaborate such visions?

I elaborate these visions by understanding who I am and understanding my purpose for this lifetime.

To this end I believe that my life is a part of a continuum and that there are specific things or appointments that were preordained for my life. I believe that if I don't act on these things and keep the process moving, someone one, or some happening along the process will be looking for me wandering what happened, why didn't I show up to help keep things flowing.

Being mindful of my gifts results in a life that is committed to purpose. Purpose produces a focus at completing the chain of events predestined for my life.

Visualization - that's the gift - the hidden power God has granted.

And for this gift I am grateful.

No comments: