Thursday, January 11, 2007

The "Word" for Today, 1/10/07 "Peace"

Peace brothers and sisters,

What does the word peace mean?

I use the word peace as my call to meditation. When I prepare to meditate, I chant the word over and over, until my mind is free of any disruptive thoughts. Sometimes I chant, "Peace be still", until quietness takes over. After repeating the word several times, I feel a shift inside me. I start to move away from my human self as I began connecting with my spirit.

Peace, both the word and the feelings the word invokes, take me to a place where there is calm and serenity.

When I say "peace" to myself or another, I am hoping to call forth visions of soothing waters, a bridge over troubled waters, thoughts of the omnipotent one, God, Allah, Jehovah, Oshun, Buddah, whatever spirit(s) that help guide and sustain, while on the path and the journey.

Peace is what I wish for each person residing on the planet. Peace is what I pray for in the middle east, among elected officials, for persons in pain, suffering with terminal illness, single parents, troubled teenagers, you and me.

I wish you peace my brothers and sister.

Won't you join me in this constant pray for peace, for our families, for our politicians, clergy, for the planet?

If we call it forth, it shall be!!!



No comments: