Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Thought for the Day by Jeff Cooper 1/31/07

A Demonstration of God's Work

In my actually experience that I had in my demonstration of God's Blessings in my life. I am currently taking a class at Long Island University Brooklyn Campus toward my accreditials with the state of New York for counseling substance abusers. The class that I am taking is entitled " Treatment Approaches for Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors". In this class the professor explained that we needed to get a particular book for the class that cost over hundred and fifty dollars! My mind immediately became flooded with thoughts of how in the world will I be able to buy this book with no money available. I then immediately changed that first negative thought, and recalled what I have read on metaphysics and the thought process connecting with the total abundance of the universe and recited this mantra to myself, and continue to do it to this day, ' I am now open to my good and gather in the harvest of endless opportunities,' I started saying this over and over, the more that I became fearful of not being able to buy this book and thinking that I would have to drop this class and going down that whole negative thought process that I go down when something does not appear to go the way that I think it should go, I mean, I was saying I will not be able to pay my rent, I am going to lose my job, etc, etc. I stopped myself and said " there is just God here" and continued my mantra over and over again and new thoughts entered my mind and spirit and I felt better. All of this was going on on my bus ride to the train to get to work. When I got to work, I was speaking with a co-worker about not being able to buy the book and she said, " Why don't you ask the program director if she can give you the money from program funds for it, since it is job related?" I thought to my self, "Why not?", So I asked her and she immediately began writing out a voucher for request for the money. I was filled with the Spirit and began thanking God in my heart and soul! I was suppose to meet with another classmate to get copies of the next chapter reading assignment and had left her a message in the morning to call me at work, immediately when I got down to my desk space I received a call from her and she stated " A fellow classmate made copies of all the chapters for everyone in class so you do not have to buy the book" I was all aglow in the glory of the divine spirit in the universe! On top of that I was trying to figure out how I was going to pay for the class. I had asked a former classmate and I was instructed to call the financial office at school and speak with them and I did and I was informed that the money for the class was taken out already, that explained my bank account funds being low. The person in financial aid department said that If I ever needed for them to hold a payment from being processed for a while to call her and it will be done. I have no doubt in my mind, body and spirit that if you ask for God's blessings and stay the course by replacing your negative thoughts and align them with the Spirit of God's universal good and get out the way, there is nothing to fear, only the care and unconditional love of God! Amen! Be Blessed.

(Jeff Cooper)
1/27/07

No comments: